Grant access, and keep sensitive content hidden.
All of your content is automatically saved to the cloud. We understand that privacy may be an important concern for you. This article explains the permissions and privacy settings of MURAL.
- A user may have access to multiple workspaces;
- A workspace may have multiple rooms;
- A room may have multiple murals
Users in a MURAL workspace may have the following permissions:
- A user invited to the yellow private room will be able to see all murals in that room.
- A user invited to one mural in the yellow private room (green or pink) will only be able to see the mural he was invited to, not the other murals in that room.
- Users have to be invited to private rooms in order to be able to see them.
- A user with permission to see workspace rooms will be able to see all workspace rooms and all murals inside them.
- A user without permission to see workspace rooms will only be able to see the workspace rooms or murals inside workspace rooms they are invited to.
WORKSPACE LEVEL PERMISSIONS
- Admin: administrators can create rooms, grant admin permissions, remove users and manage the workspace billing settings. The user who created the workspace is an admin by default, but there can be multiple admins in a single workspace.
- Creating Rooms: the admin of a workspace can grant another user the right to create rooms within that workspace.
- Publishing Templates: workspace admins can grant other workspace members the ability to publish murals as a template. These murals will appear under 'TEMPLATES' with the content of their original mural fixed in place. Anyone in your workspace can create murals from templates.
- View Workspace murals: rooms in a workspace may be public. Admins have the ability to disable the ability of a specific user to discover workspace rooms.
Workspace Level Permissions
ROOM LEVEL PERMISSIONS
- Owner: the user that creates a room is the room owner and can manage the room settings.
- Collaborator: every user invited to a room is able to see and collaborate in every mural that resides in that room.
- Create murals: each user has permission to create new murals inside a room. This permission is granted by default when a user is invited to a room.
- Invite people: each user has a permission to invite other people to a room. This permission is granted by default when a user is invited to a room.
- Duplicate rooms: workspace members must be given permission to duplicate rooms by an admin or the room owner.
- Delete rooms: only the admin of a room has permission to delete it.
Room Level Permissions
**Workspaces do not automatically pass down their permissions to the rooms housed inside them.
MURAL LEVEL PERMISSIONS
Rooms pass their permissions down to the murals housed inside them. Murals may have additional mural-level permissions.
- Owner: the creator of a mural is the owner of that mural. The owner has the ability to invite other users into the room and adjust their permissions.
- Invite people: the mural owner can grant a user the right to invite other people into the mural.
- View-Only access: There are two different ways to give a user view-only access to a mural. First option: A user can be invited to view, but not edit, a mural by using the "Share" feature. This allows a mural owner to create a "View-only" link to a specific mural. Anyone who receives this link may view the mural, but is not able to modify it in any way. You do not need to be a MURAL registered user to view a mural using a view-only link. Second option: Users who are already part of your team can be given View only access on certain murals. You can change these settings under "Mural members", an option that can be accessed in the menu beside the mural title.
- Duplicate murals: workspace members must be given permission to duplicate rooms by an admin or the room owner.
- Export murals: only workspace members given permission by a mural creator or admin can export murals.
- Delete murals: only the creator of a mural has permission to delete it. If a room is deleted, the murals in that room will be deleted too.
Mural Level Permissions