Improve your ability to explore many ideas at once, spatially
Murals are big. They are like huge boards or or canvases or wall you collaborate on. Get comfortable zooming and scrolling (moving around) quickly.
If something is too small to read, zoom in to see the detail instead of making it larger.
To change your zoom and pan settings:
- Click on your avatar
- Click on Account Settings
- Select 'Navigation' from the left-hand side
When you create your first mural, the default zoom is 100%. This means you are seeing the real size of each element you add.
- If you're using a trackpad, you can zoom by holding 'ALT' and sliding two fingers up and down the trackpad.
- ...or, you can pinch to zoom:
- If you're using a mouse, just use your scroll wheel to zoom in and out.
- When the zoom level changes, you'll see on the screen which zoom level you are currently seeing.
A. Zooming In or Out of a Specific Area
To zoom in on a particular part of the mural, hold the space bar + command (CTRL on a PC) and select that area.
To zoom out, hold spacebar + command (control on a PC) + alt
To pan (move around) with the mouse, click and drag the background.
Or, use two fingers on trackpad to pan, like scrolling in a document or website.
FIT TO CONTENT
Fit the zoom level to the mural’s content by holding Command + 0 on a Mac (Control + 0 on a PC)
Now, you can quickly get anywhere you want on a mural, impressing your colleagues with your vast knowledge of shortcuts and navigation tools.
Bonus tip: see how MURAL's on Jim Kalbach uses navigation here on our blog: Know Your Scales in MURAL.