For when you need to collaborate quickly.
Ever needed to show someone something in your mural, but couldn't because they weren't a member of your workspace? Now you can!
This new feature allows you to invite someone outside of your workspace to collaborate via share link. These collaborators will join automatically as an 'anonymous animal' without having to sign in or create an account. Anonymous users who join with editing permissions with be able to collaborate in a mural just as though they were a member. Those who join with a view link will not be able to edit, but they will see changes in real time and be able to follow and be followed.
Here's how to invite an anonymous user:
- Click on the SHARE button in the upper right of your mural.
- If it hasn’t been generated already, generate a share link. (Only a mural owner can do this.)
- Select 'Edit' or 'View-Only' permissions from the drop down menu.
Note that you cannot invite them as an anonymous user via email; only with a share link.
- Copy the link and send it out.
- Anyone who uses the link and either does not have an account with MURAL or does have an account but isn’t signed in will join the mural immediately as a visitor.
Visitors will be seen as Anonymous Animals.
**NOTE: Anonymous users will not be added to a workspace’s member count, receive notifications or be able to access rooms or the dashboard. Their participation in your mural will end when they close the tab.
Show external collaborators all the cool stuff you've been working on!